Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Riding? Yes, Please!

So you might have no idea what I mean by riding... Let me give you a look into one of my most favorite things to do ever....

Riding Horses!

Zorro!! 
Okay so the first thing that is important to understand is that though I live in the boondocks, I live in a random neighborhood in the middle of the boondocks. So sadly I have been deprived of ever actually owning my own horse. (Believe me, it has taken SO much work to control myself of impulsively buying a horse when I somehow get any amount of money.) However, in sixth grade, I was hooked up with a lady who gave horse back riding lessons, and who I later found out was a professional barrel racer. Eight years later, I of course only go to her house to ride (not be taught), and to also practice barrel racing on her horses. There are many reasons why I've stuck with riding for so long, though. Up until a couple years ago, I still paid the lady who let me ride her horses, so throughout the years, riding has taken away a ton of my savings. Still, it is such a deep love of mine, that I would do it over again no matter what. To give some insight, I'll give you....

The Reasons why I absolutely love Riding:

Shockingly, this is me. 
  • It is the best...and I mean BEST stress reliever there is for me. You just sit there and ride, and you look out over the fields, and you just feel absolute peace.
  • It's extremely fun. You get the whole "wind in your hair" affect, and you feel free to go however fast or slow you want in whatever direction you want.
  • The feeling of unity with a horse is really awesome if you understand it, and work with your horse. The horses I ride can practically read my mind by my body movements. They can tell in an instant if I want to go faster, turn left or right, or even if I'm nervous or afraid. A horse can really read you, and I've learned how to read horses. Once you realize and use that bond between you and your horse, you feel so much more connected. Kinda like the connection link in The Avatar, except you have to do that by using your body, and watching and listening to your horse's body movements.
  • Going along with that, getting to know the personality of a particular horse is great too. It's like really getting to know a new friend. Ya they still have good and bad days, but they're still your new best friend.
  • Then there's barrel racing. Since I've always rode western, barrel racing is what i believe to be one of the funnest sports to do on a horse. A good barrel racing time is about 16 seconds, and during that time, you have to get a horse to wrap itself in a full circle around three barrels within an entire arena. In other words, you have to go really really fast, and know exactly what you're doing in order to help control your horse. I'll post a clip so you can get a look of exactly what you do. The point to this whole thing is that barrel racing is like a whole love for a sport (cause it is a sport), so I could go off listing why I love barrel racing also...but I won't. 
  • Another reason I love riding, is that it can be a social event. Trail riding with friends is always a fun way to get out, relax, and just hang out with other people. It's seriously extremely enjoyable, and you get to bring snacks and drinks to feel all cool.
  • Lastly, well let's see. The only other animals that you can ACTUALLY ride and go over 5mph would be a camal or an elephant. Neither of which do people have easy access to, and neither of which do I see fun, fast sports being done with them. (This is excluding the circus of course.) Therefore common folks, get on a horse, and enjoy riding on a living, breathing animal instead of being a lame turd in a car!! 

One of my forever remembered buddies, Master Lucky Bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment