Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Change Can Be A Good Thing

So my blog has had many changes applied to it; some of which might be changed back, while others I definitely love. I finally figured out how to make my "About Me," to the side of my posts, which made me extraordinarily happy. Something that I really like when I was strolling through gadgets, though was the listing of all my blog posts with a tiny little insert from some of my text. I thought that that gadget was seriously the coolest gadget. It helps new people skim to see if they want to read one of my posts, while allowing people who have seen my blog before, come back and see maybe something they hadn't seen before. Point being, I love it.

Another gadget I added to the side was a share gadget. With our class being a digital literacy class, I feel that it's really important to fully understand the advantages of using social media as an outlet of communication. This share button has been so influential to so many other pages across the world wide web, that it is seen as an outlet of communicating through social media. I thought that this would be pretty cool to have on my page, also. I might be able to share my posts more easily on Twitter and Facebook.

Lastly, I changed the background. I was at first going to go for a whole new template, but I could not part with the original one I had chosen, because I loved how it was set up so much. Instead, I resulted to just changing the background. One thing I love about this template is that the blogs always have a white background. This is a much better focuser, because even though backgrounds might be absurd, awesome, or just so pretty you can't look away, the white area still helps you focus in on what the blog is trying to say. This is also letting our eyes have some breathing room so they won't be strained so bad. The white middle background is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

All together, I liked many of the changes applied to my blog. We'll see if I keep all of them, but it was fun and insightful to play around until I was at least able to figure out how to change my blog. There is still so much I have to learn, and I think it will be very exciting to reach that full knowledge of at least how to work my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment