Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

An Added Genre

When things change, they normally change for a reason. Take Facebook for instance, Facebook is constantly changing. When it does, people who use it either see a light bulb turned on with such a good idea, or they don't really like it just BECAUSE it's a change. 

One not extraordinarily new but recently new genre that was added to Facebook was the pop out slideshow for pictures. Instead of when you click to view a picture, and having to open up a different webpage to view the full sized picture, Facebook now has the picture pop out so that you never leave the page.

At first, I completely hated this new genre. I mainly didn't like it because it didn't let me right click and save the picture anymore. Instead, I had to download the picture and save it. It felt like Facebook was just trying to create a big hassel for me as the user. After a little while though, I started to really see the benefit of it. Facebook had created it so that when scrolling through the news feed, and just wanting to view one picture, a person could view that picture at full size without ever leaving their place on the news feed.

Now, I love the new genre; especially if I am wondering far down within my news feed. After I am finished looking at a picture that I click on to view, I am brought back to where I started so that I don't have to scroll all the way back down again. Not only that, but Facebook modified having to download the pictures in order to save them. Now, I feel like the whole process is hassel free and just awesome. This makes the new picture genre a great addition to Facebook, and it is now one that I really enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment