Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Help

So the last couple weeks I feel like there has been a World War going on in my head. Each of my classes, friends, and average activities are their own country, and they've all been fighting for the same thing: my time. The reason that I use the simile of a World War, is because I feel like one activity, class, or friend (we'll call these countries) is tearing down the barriers of organization and proficiency of the other country.
mi9.com
For example, because lately I've had to put so much time into house hunting, I haven't had as much time to do homework and/ or hang out with friends. This is mainly because out of the us three girls to live in a house, I feel as if I am the one doing the most research and work to get a house. And house hunting takes FOREVER to do to really find a good deal with all of the things that I feel are necessities for a house. Take Saturday, I spent 4 hours during the day to look at houses, talk to landlords, and call about other houses. This was all while I could have been working on a huge essay due Tuesday, and the blogs that I was supposed to have done Sunday. (Yes, this is a plea for mercy on not having my blogs done on Sunday.)

To put it all together with my six classes, house hunting, sick boyfriend, neglected friends, LOSS of SLEEP, and working out all jumbled up into the same war, I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND!!! Though I have not completely lost my mind yet, I have completely lost my grip on organization. By this, I mean COMPLETELY. I definitely fully realized this after studying all weekend for a huge exam I thought I had on Sunday, which ends up to not be due until next Sunday. Then on top of that, I totally forgot to even do my blogs. (Which I feel absolutely awful about.)

All of this said, I feel like some nice rich person should make a new charity: 
Get Christina The Apple iPhone 4S.

Why?: 
I need the new Siri in order to organize my life.

What is the Siri?:
Siri is a program on the new Apple iPhone that does certain jobs for people for them. It can set reminders, put up a timer, send messages, call someone, and even look up things like specific restaurants within the area you are in. There are even more things that Siri can do, and for more information on Siri, go to apple.com.

How would Siri help organize my life:
My problem right now is that I try to do everything from my head. I've tried organization planners, but they end up making me feel even less organized than before. When I write things down in a planner, I write down say an essay is due in a couple weeks. Being the procrastinating student that I am, I don't start on the essay immediately, so it's easy to forget about the essay till close to crunch time. I just need reminders in my life that are part of my everyday process (these used to be my mom), and now Siri can fill that gap.

Give another example of how Siri would be best:
Take for instance the fact that I told some people I would look at a house on Wednesday at 2:30. Then when I was flipping out over not having an advisor to go to about my new double major in Comm studies, I scheduled an apt. with one of my communication professors to talk about the options of a communication studies major after class at 2:00 on Wednesday. With this scheduled apt. with my professor, there is no way that I will make it to look at a house on Wed. Siri could help me realize that if I asked it when I am free on Wednesday, it would have told me after 2:30 so that I may not have made that organizational mistake. 

1 comment:

  1. Christina, I completely agree with everything that you are saying. Right now, my roommate and I are also trying to figure out where to live next year, and there are so many decisions and option that I feel like I am drowning as well. This is just a really busy time in the semester, and add house hunting on top of it and it just gets ridiculous. I thought for sure I was going to get the iPhone 4s when I went to the Verizon Store for my upgrade, but I ended up walking out with the HTC Rhyme. It was one of the best decisions I've made. Although it doesn't have Siri, it still has the ability to keep me organized through many different apps and widgets and also has voice commands you can use to text, search in Google, etc. It comes with a whole bunch of extras too ( a docking station, headphones, charm, etc.) so it is actually pretty cool. I'd suggest it :) Anyway, I hope your house hunt goes well and you that things finally start to calm down!

    ReplyDelete