Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Typing Type

So there were a couple of pages within Ellen Lupton's book, Thinking With Type, that I found very interesting. This book is a book that talks about how printed typing fonts came to be, and how they were shaped and changed over time.
thinking with type


Dart280
One of the pages I found very interesting was page 36, as you see to the right. It is all about the anatomy of typing, and what certain parts of the font mean. I found it very interesting to see how mear lines that I type or write myself had parts with names, and an anatomy just as a body would.


Another page that I found very neat to learn about was page 16. This page showed pictures of different ways that different people throughout the years figured out their way of creating a new font. I found it really beneficial to find out exactly how the structure of some of the letters were created, and by whom.

All together, this book really helps me understand how many changes have went through the typing world....and are still going through the typing world. This helps me better compare technology, and how it is constantly changing, but only because of different preferences and to try to better something already made.

No comments:

Post a Comment